03/25/11 253 W - + 0 - 5 Raleigh Professional Fire Fighters Association to Present Fundraising Concert
Press release. After an eight-year hiatus, the Raleigh Professional Fire Fighters Association (RPFFA) will produce two concerts annually to raise funds to support several local charities and community programs.
The first concert will be held Friday, November 18 at Dorton Arena, featuring Country music legend John Anderson with special guest Briana Dean. The RPFFA is a 501(c)(5) non-profit organization and is licensed with the North Carolina Secretary of State's office to raise funds. A representative of RPFFA will be calling area residents with an offer to purchase tickets to the benefit concert.
Activities supported by the RPFFA include:
- Camp Celebrate, a weekend camp for children ages 7-15 who have survived burn injuries. Activities include swimming, canoeing, arts and crafts, along with an opportunity to meet other kids who too have been burned;
- High blood pressure checking stations
- Smoke detector program, to provide smoke detectors to families who cannot afford them;
- Youth athletics to help keep kids off of the streets and to build character;
- Battered women's shelters throughout Wake County;
- Financial support for the Salvation Army, Helping Hands, and the Muscular Dystrophy Association;
- Gift provisions for needy kids during the holidays;
- Awareness of firefighter injuries, occupational illness, and the many hazards to which firefighters are exposed;
- Efforts to improve benefits for firefighters injured during the performance of their duties;
- Programs to create awareness for the safety of the public and firefighters; and,
- Support for the Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospital.
Read entire press release.