12/30/14 117 W - + 6 - 5 Fire at Boone Fire Station - 1968


From the May-June 1968 issue of Hose & Nozzle magazine: "There was a fire in the fire station Boone. It happened when a pickup truck caught fire from an acetylene torch accidentally triggered while a safety plug was out. It was on the construction site of the Boone Fire Station. One of the fire trucks was driven out of the present garage and parked in the street while volunteers unloaded the hose. Attempts to start the water pump at first failed and white smoke drifted through the steel beams as the truck's windshield began to weaken and crack. The fire was drowned less than fifteen minutes after it began."







  
Remember personal info?

/ Textile

Comment moderation is enabled on this site. This means that your comment will not be visible on this site until it has been approved by an editor.

To prevent spam we require you to answer this silly question
 

  (Register your username / Log in)

Notify:
Hide email:

Small print: All html tags except <b> and <i> will be removed from your comment. You can make links by just typing the url or mail-address.