08/13/09 120 W, 1 I - + 5 - 7 Man Dies Trying to Extinguish Smithfield House Fire


Never go back inside a burning building. That's the age-old lesson to be taught and retaught by fire educators, and which was tragically demonstrated early Wednesday in Smithfield. After a pot on a stove started a fire at 423 Martin Luther King Drive, four to five residents safely escaped. One man, who awoke everyone and also exited the structure, went back inside to extinguish the fire. He died inside the house. Coverage of the story includes this WRAL story, this NBC17 story, and this WMPM story. "Get out and stay out," a fire safety catchphrase to be taught alongside the familiar "stop, drop, and roll."
  


NBC17 photo







  
Remember personal info?

/ Textile

Comment moderation is enabled on this site. This means that your comment will not be visible on this site until it has been approved by an editor.

To prevent spam we require you to answer this silly question
 

  (Register your username / Log in)

Notify:
Hide email:

Small print: All html tags except <b> and <i> will be removed from your comment. You can make links by just typing the url or mail-address.