01/22/11 108 W, 1 I - + 0 - 5 "Operational Blogs Demand Competency and Awarness of the Subject Matter"


That quote's from Ray McCormack from the Fire Engineering Training Community, cited by Mike Ward in this excellent posting this morning on Firegeezer. The subject is fire service criticism and more specifically online criticism. Discussion boards. Forum comments. Blog postings. Issues  include the "broadcast" of unsafe tactics, hence the quote at the top of this post. And the reality that inner-city urban firefighters comprise only a small percentage (15%) of the nation's firefighting community. Which is a factor in the tenor of conversations involving the other 85%. Read, reflect, discuss.
 







  
Remember personal info?

/ Textile

Comment moderation is enabled on this site. This means that your comment will not be visible on this site until it has been approved by an editor.

To prevent spam we require you to answer this silly question
 

  (Register your username / Log in)

Notify:
Hide email:

Small print: All html tags except <b> and <i> will be removed from your comment. You can make links by just typing the url or mail-address.