01/12/10 111 W - + 10 - 13 Smoking Patient Causes Fire at Rex, 1984


While we're in time-travel mode, the News & Observer on March 27, 1984, reported that a patient at Rex caused a small fire by smoking, and 'twas the hospital's second such fire in one week. The first fire on March 19 was started in a fourth floor room, when a patient's cigarette (!) apparently ignited some oxygen tubing (!!).  Second fire was March 25, again started by a cigarette, and causing minor damage to a trash can and a privacy curtain. Quoth a hospital official: "We are looking at ways to pay a little more attention to patients to smoke." Wonder what year/decade same was finally prohibited?





  
Remember personal info?

/ Textile

Comment moderation is enabled on this site. This means that your comment will not be visible on this site until it has been approved by an editor.

To prevent spam we require you to answer this silly question
 

  (Register your username / Log in)

Notify:
Hide email:

Small print: All html tags except <b> and <i> will be removed from your comment. You can make links by just typing the url or mail-address.