|2100 Glascock Street||
Opened December 30, 1959
4,584 square feet, one story
History: Station 7 opened at 1300 Glascock Street on December 30, 1959. Engine 7 was placed in service with a 1953 American LaFrance pumper. The station cost $65,000 and also housed the 1948 Ford squad truck. It was staffed by fourteen firemen.
From blueprints, Station 7 was apparently originally designed to occupy the northeast corner of the intersection, with the building oriented diagonally, and the bays facing the corner, with the driveway connecting to both streets. As the story is told, the error wasn't noticed until after construction started on the opposite (and wrong) side of the street, and the city had to rush to acquire the second (current) site.
Also of note, the parking lot of the station adjoins to an access road that is still listed on city/county maps as an extension of Colleton Road.
Truck 7 was placed in service on October 25, 1960, with a 1922 American LaFrance service ladder truck. It was moved to Station 12 in 1982.
7 was first placed in service on February 1, 1982, with a 1975 Chevrolet/Murphy
ambulance. It operated until October 14, 1998. Rescue 7 was returned to service
on July 17, 2001, and renamed Rescue 2 on July 7, 2009. For several years, USAR
apparatus was also housed at Station 7.
In October 1991, the station address was changed to 2100 Glascock Street.
Last update: December 21, 2020
|Home / Reset Frames||
This page was last updated on 12/21/20 10:45:10 AM